A Domicile Certificate is a certificate issued in order to prove that the person is a Domicile (or Resident) of the State or Union Territory by which the Certificate has been issued. This Certificate is usually required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in while taking admission in educational institutions and in the Government Service. This certificate is needed as in case of state government jobs, usually local residents are preferred. Today, we will tell you the step by step procedure to apply for domicile certificate in Delhi.
Steps to Apply for Domicile Certificate in Delhi
In order to apply for Domicile Certificate in Delhi, you need to follow the steps given below :
1) Fill up the offline Application form (Download from the Link in Step 2) for domicile certificate in Delhi or fill up the domicile application form online. In order to apply online you need to register yourself on the e-district site of Delhi (http://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/) and create a username and password.
2) Duly Attest the Application Form by a Gazetted Officer of Central/State Government and collect the phone number and a copy of the ID Card of the attesting Gazetted Officer.
3) Prepare an Notary Affidavit in prescribed Performa as given in above link (Affidavit from the major if the children are below the 18 years.). In case you are applying online, scanned copy of the affidavit has to be uploaded online with the application.
4) Get the copy of your Address Proof document. Documents like Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill etc will be accepted. Please note that the name on Aaadhaar Card should match exactly with the Name of the Applicant.
5) Get the copy of your Proof of continuous stay in Delhi for the past 3 years. Documents like Education Certificate, Electricity bill, House Tax bill, Water bill etc. will be accepted.
6) Get the copy of your Identity Proof document. Documents like Pan Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driving Licence, Voter ID Card etc will be accepted. Please note that the name on Aaadhaar Card should match exactly with the Name of the Applicant.
7) Get the copy of your Date of Birth Proof. Documents like Birth certificate, High School Certificate or Passport will be accepted.
8) Paste a recent passport size colour photograph on the application form. If you are applying online, Upload the photo along with the application form. While submitting the application form physically, a photograph of the applicant is also clicked via a webcam.
9) Submit the Domicile Certificate Application Form and the required documents to the concerned SDM of your area or you can also approach the concerned Deputy Commissioner from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on any working day.
Impotant Note : All the supporting documents have to be attested by a Gazetted Officer. There is no Fee required for the application and the Domicile Certificate will be issued in 14 days after the application has been submitted. If you have applied online, you can track your Application Online by visiting the link below.
Click here to : Track Application Status of Domicile Certificate in Delhi
The Documents and application form will be verified at the time of submission. Physical verification is also required for online as well offline applications. Once the Documents are submitted and verified successfully, an application number is provided to the applicant for future reference. Kindly note that in case the Attesting Officer makes wrong attention, either willfully or due to insufficient information in the application, he is liable to Central proceeding as well as Departmental action, as deemed fit.
You may also like to Read :