Located in the picturesque hill state of Uttarakhand, of late Nainital has acquired the status of one of the cleanest and beautiful hill station in North India. Surrounded by a number of natural lakes, it is also known as the City of Lakes. Let us now have a complete look at the Nainital Tourist Guide.
Also Read ::
- Nanital Lake or Naini Lake is the top attraction of the main city. This natural lake is strategically located in the centre of the city. People get mesmerized while having a stroll around. Tourists also love the experience of boating there.Naini lake is undoubtedly the best spot amongst all tourist places in Nainital.
- If you aspire for a top view of Himalayan range and its surroundings, Tiffin Top is the place for you. This beautiful spot is 2292 mt above the sea level and hardly 4 kms away from main town.
- Naina Peak is an another point of attraction of the city. It is about 6 kms away and the height of the peak is about 2612 mts. This peak also offers excellent view of Himalyan range, Nepal mountains and even of Nainital lake. Snow covered mountains, as seen from the top could be a photographers’ delight here.
- Sattal or seven lake is a place near Bhimtal. As name suggests, it is a place where seven lakes of freshwater inter connect. It provides a beautiful view of the natural water bodies. Surrounded by dense oak and pine trees, it is a transit home for migratory birds too.
- The only high altitude zoo in north India, GB Pant Zoo is located at 2100 mts. Opened for visitors in the year 1995, it is a home of several species which are native to Himalyan range and are on the verge of extinction. It is one of the highest located Zoo in India which adds on to the Nainital Tourist Guide.
- Situated on the upper edge of the Nainital lake, Nani Devi Temple is the home of three Hindu deities. Mata Kali Devi, Maa Naina Devi and Lord Ganesha are worshipped there. The temple is regarded as the most revered place of worship for Hindus.
- Accessible by cable car or ropeway, Snow View is the most popular place amongst tourists. It offers beautiful view of the city as well as Himalayan ranges from hill top.
- Renamed as G B Pant Road, Mall Road runs parallel to the Naini lake. It connects both ends of the city. The cool breeze or shivering air freshen the heart and soul of the tourists having a stroll there. Souvenirs shops and hotel-restaurants dot the road which always remains full of life. It is a real ad-on to Tourist Places in Nainital.
- Ghorakhal, a place in district Nainital is a picturesque site, situated near Bhowali at the height of more than 2000 mts. It is famous for Army School and Golu Devta temple.
- Situated at about 22 kms away from Nainital, Bhimtal is known for a beautiful lake. The lake is placed like an island in the town and is a major tourist attraction.
Summer Season : 15 – 28 Degree Celsius
Winter Season : 0 – 10 Degree Celsius
- By Road : Nainital can easily be reached from New Delhi, various major cities of western Uttar Pradesh and other parts of Uttarakhand. Luxury Volvo and normal bus service is available to and fro New Delhi.
- By Train : Nearest railway station is Kathgodam which is approximately 40 km away from Nainital.
- By Air : Nearest Airport is IGI Airport, New Delhi which is about 300 kms.
You may also Like our Tourist Guide to Other Major Hill Stations :
- Srinagar : Heaven on Earth
- Manali Places to Visit & Adventure Sports
- Shimla Landscapes & Beautiful Places to Visit
I hope you liked the information about Tourist Places in Nainital provided by us. If you have any queries or feedback, You can leave your comments Below.