State of Uttarakhand is full of beautiful places to visit. Mussoorie is one of the nearest hill Stations from New Delhi. People from nearby places in the states of Delhi and UP can usually be found at Mussoorie for a weekend getaway.
There are a lot of beautiful sightseeing places in Mussoorie where you can spend some wonderful time. We are listing some of the most popular and most visited attractions in Mussoorie.
8 Best Tourist Places in Mussoorie are :
- Kempty Falls : It is a waterfall located in the hills of Mussoorie at about 13 km from Mussoorie. It is undoubtedly one of the most visited tourist places in Mussoorie. You can get into the chilling water and enjoy the day. Also, you will find some food joints. Kempty falls can be reached by Ropeway or by feet. Ropeway may charge you about Rs.20 per head each time you use it. If you do not use the Ropeway you will find some tiny shops while getting to the Kempty falls where you can do some shopping. Very unique and antique items can be found there which you normally do not find in bigger cities. If you visit Mussoorie and do not visit Kempty Falls then you have definitely missed something.
- Bhatta falls : It is waterfall located at about 7 km from Mussoorie. To reach Bhatta Falls, you need to trek a little. The trek to reach Bhatta Falls is worth it, as it is a beautiful waterfall located in the natural beauty of Mussoorie.
- Gun Hill : Gun Hill is located at about 1 km uphill on Mall Road. You can reach this place by taking a Rickshaw or by feet till the Gun Hill Ropeway location. Gun Hill can only be reached by Ropeway which may charge about Rs.75 for a round trip. Once you reach Gun Hill you will find a lot of Fun Games, Food Joints and a small treat for Shopoholics. You can spend at least 1-2 hours there without getting bored.
- Lake Mist : It is a natural lake along with a waterfall. Lake Mist is now converted into an eco-friendly resort. The beauty of this place will mesmerize you. You can book a stay at Lake Mist to enjoy the natural beauty of the hill station of Mussoorie. Book your Stay at Lake Mist Resort by clicking on this link : http://www.lakemistmussoorie.com/
- Mussoorie Christ Church : This Church was built way back in 1836 and is said to be the oldest Church in the whole Himalayan Range. The main attraction of this Church are the Glass windows representing the life of Jesus Christ in a very unique way.
- Mussoorie Lake : This is a man made lake 6 km away from Mussoorie. It is a perfect attraction recently added to the list of attractions of Mussoorie. Mostly family and couples visit this lake for paddle boating and refreshment.
- Mall Road : Located in the heart of Mussoorie, you can a walk at the Mall Road any time in the day. You will find a lot of people walking up the Mall Road for mainly shopping.
- Mussoorie Adventure Park : If you are an adventure lover, you must visit this Adventure Park. Activities like Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Flying Fox, Sky Walking and a lot more are conducted here. You can check out the Website of Mussoorie Adventure Park : http://www.mussoorieadventurepark.com/
Mussoorie Weather :
Summer Season : 7 to 20 Degree Celsius
Winter Season : 2 to 13 Degree Celsius
How to Reach ?
- By Road : Mussoorie is the nearest popular hill station from New Delhi. It can be easily reached by all types of Buses or your own Vehicle.
- By Train : Nearest Railway Station to Mussoorie is Dehradun which is approximately 35 km away from Mussoorie.
- By Air : Nearest Airport to Mussoorie is Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
Hope you liked the information on Tourist Places in Mussoorie. If you want to share your experience, have queries or feedback, you can leave your comments below.
Other Important Hill Stations in Uttarakhand :