Tan Card is a very important document issued by the Income Tax Department of India. This card may be used in a lot of financial and other transactions by an Indian Citizen. Today, we will tell you how to check TAN Card status with Acknowledgement Number. The reason why you have landed up on this page might be because you want to :
- Check Status of New TAN Card Application with Acknowledgement Number, OR
- Check Status of TAN Card Reprint Application with Acknowledgement Number, OR
- Check Status of Changes or Correction in TAN Card Application with Acknowledgement Number.
How to check TAN Card status with Acknowledgement Number ?
Now, you can track TAN Card Application status by Acknowledgement Number. Let’s begin with the process to track the current status of your TAN card application.
1) Opening the NSDL Website for TAN Card
First step is to open the NSDL Website for Tan Card for which you need to visit the link given below.
2) Clicking on Status Track for TAN Application
As soon as you visit the above link, you will find 4 options under and you need to click on the last button which says ‘Track your TAN Application Status’ (Highlighted the image given below).
3) Entering your Acknowledgement Number to Track TAN Card Application Status
As soon as you click on ‘Track your TAN Application Status’ button, you will find a form where you need to choose the following radio buttons and enter the appropriate information :
- Application Type – Select TAN -New/Change Request.
- Acknowledgement Number – Enter the 15 digit acknowledgement number.
4) Getting the TAN Application Status
Finally, after entering the above details you need to click on SUBMIT button to check TAN Card status.
Important Note : You can track status of TAN Card Application only after 24 hours after the application has been submitted by using this facility.
Hope that the process of track TAN Card Status with Acknowledgement Number is clear to you. If you have any doubts or queries, you may leave your comments below.