Pan Card is a very important document issued by the Income Tax Department of India. This card may be used in a lot of financial and other transactions by an Indian Citizen. Today, we will tell you how to change Father’s Name in PAN Card. Using this article you can request to make Changes or Correction in the Father’s Name of PAN Card in case of incorrect Father’s Name. (Note : This process should be used only in the cases where a PAN Number has already been allotted). You will be issued a New PAN CARD with the Same Number and Father’s Name will be updated in the records of Income Tax Department.
Also See :
- List of Documents Required for PAN Card
- How to check the status of Failed Transaction of PAN Application ?
Few Uses of a Pan Card :
- For Filing Income Tax.
- While buying/selling a Property.
- Mandatory for all transactions above Rs.50,000.
- Serves as a valid Photo Identity proof.
- For purchasing an Automobile.
- While applying for a loan in India.
- To start a Business in India.
- For buying Shares or Mutual Funds.
How to change Father’s Name in PAN Card ?
We will guide you through all the steps required to change Father’s Name in PAN Card. Let’s begin with the process !
1) Opening the NSDL Website for PAN Card
Open the NSDL Website (https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html)
2) Checking the Category of the Applicant
Read all the Guidelines Carefully . You can also convert the text in Hindi to read in Hindi Language. Scroll till the bottom of the Page and you will be able to Select the Category of the Applicant.
3) Selecting the Category of the Applicant
Select the appropriate Category of Applicant from the Drop Down Menu and click on Select.
4) Filling up the PAN Application form with changes in Father’s Name
Read and Fill the Complete Form Carefully. Finally, after filling up the form, a fee of Rs.107 has to be paid by Demand Draft/Cheque/Credit or Debit Card/Net Banking. (Note: Demand draft / cheque shall be in favour of ‘NSDL – PAN’ payable at Mumbai).
- All the * marked fields are Mandatory.
- Please put a check corresponding to the Field No.2 i.e., Father’s Name (Anyways this Box has to be ticked as it is * marked)
- Remember you need to fill your existing PAN Number in the box which says “Permanent Account Number(PAN)”.
- Submit this form after filling it completely.
If the Applicant wants to go for Paperless PAN Application for Father’s Name Change, he/she may select YES wherein a Digital Signature is Required. Otherwise select NO (For Physical Submission of the Hard Copies of the Documents).
In Paperless PAN Application, you can Upload your Photo, Signature & Documents Online and there is no need for Physical Submission of the Documents & the PAN Card Father’s Name Change process would end here.
Applicants willing to submit Hard Copies of the Documents may proceed with Step no.5.
5) Taking printout of Acknowledgement Form
You will now get an Acknowledgement Form with a 16 Digit Acknowledgement Number. Take a printout of this Acknowledgement Form.
6) Pasting Recent Photographs on the Acknowledgement Form
Paste 2 Recent Photographs(With White Background) of the Applicant in this Acknowledgement Form in the space provided. Put your Signature in the Box.
7) Enclosing the Demand Draft/Cheque in the Envelope
Enclose your Demand Draft or Cheque (If you did not pay Pay Online), Acknowledgement Form and the self attested Documents Mentioned earlier in the form in an Envelope. Don’t forget to mention you Acknowledgement Number on the reverse side of the DD/Cheque.
8) Heading on the PAN Application Envelope
Heading on the Envelope should be ” Application for PAN CHANGE REQUEST -Acknowledgment Number “. For e.g : If your Acknowledgement Number is 10997699009. Then the heading on the envelope should be ” Application for PAN CHANGE REQUEST – 10997699009 ”
9) Posting the Envelope on the NSDL Address
Post this Envelope to the Physical Address of NSDL :
Address : Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
Phone Number : 020 – 2721 8080.
10) Father’s Name Change PAN Application Deadline to reach the NSDL Office
Make sure that the Envelope with your PAN Application and Supporting Documents should reach NSDL Address within 15 days after getting the Acknowledgement.
Your Pan Application will be sent for processing as soon NSDL receives it. You will get an e-mail regarding the same on your E-mail Address. You must have noticed that this process to make changes in PAN Card Signature is easy & hassle free.
You can also Contact the NSDL Helpline to track the Status of your PAN at 02027218080.
Alternately, you can track your PAN Status here : Track the Status of your PAN Application
For the Offline Process, You can download the PAN Card Change Request form from here : Download Form
This is the Complete Procedure to Change Pan Card Father’s Name Online. If you have any doubts or Queries regarding the same, you can leave your comments below.
You may also like to Read :