Ratan Tata, the celebrated industrialist in a bold and generous move announced a donation of INR 500 Crore via Tata Trusts in order to support this fight against COVID-19. In his post over the social media, Tata Trusts Chairman mentioned that at this moment, the need is greater as compared to any other scenario.
This donation towards the coronavirus pandemic fight will help empower all the affected communities with attention to 5 key spaces which include:
- Providing protective equipment designated for the people at the frontlines & medical personnel
- Respiratory system designed for the treatment of increasing cases
- Testing kits for an increase of the overall testing capacity in India
- Setting up of modular treatment facilities designed for the infected patients
- Knowledge management as well as training of the health workers & general public
While announcing his pledge for donation, Ratan Tata mentioned that the existing situation in our country as well as all around the world is very concerning. There is surely a need for immediate action.
In his statement, Mr Tata also wrote that he is very grateful & has immense respect for the individuals that have put their lives at risk to tackle this pandemic.