Driving Licence is the most important document for all those who own a vehicle. So, whether you have a 2-wheeler, 4-wheeler or a heavy vehicle, make sure you have a valid driving license. Today, we will tell you about the list of documents required for Driving License in Delhi. Once, you have all the documents with you, you can go ahead and apply for Driving License in Delhi.
So, let’s get started !
Documents Required for Driving License in Delhi
The list of documents which are required along with the learner application form are as follows :
- Complete Filled Form 1, Form 2 & Form 3.
- 3 recent passport size photograph of the Applicant.
- Proof of residence of the Applicant.
- Proof of Age / Date of Birth of the Applicant.
- Proof of citizenship of the Applicant.
- Prescribed Fee as per Rule 32.
Important Note :- Photo copies of all the necessary documents(Proof of Residence, Proof of Age/DOB , Proof of Citizenship) are to be attested by Gazetted Officer or Notary Public. These documents are to be submitted to your local transport Zonal office.
Timings to Apply for Driving License in Delhi
For Public – 8:30 A.M to 1:00 P.M
General Office Timings – 8:30 A.M to 4:30 P.M
Eligibility for Driving License in Delhi
- Age eligibility for getting driving license in Delhi is 18 years.
- For vehicles upto 50CC engine capacity & without gear — 16 years(Provided parents/guardian consent obtained.)
- For all Commercial vehicles — Age: 20 years & minimum qualification of 8th pass.
- Conversant with Delhi Traffic rules & regulations.
- Documents for proof of residence.
Documents accepted as Proof of Residence for Driving License in Delhi
- Voter Identity Card/Election Card.
- Life Insurance Policy(LIC).
- Indian Passport.
- Pay/Salary slip issued any office of the central government or a state government or local body.
In case the applicant does not have the above 4 documents, he can submited any one of the document listed below with an affidavit sworn before a notary public or any competent magistrate
- Water Bill – Delhi Jal Board.
- Electricity Bill.
- Telephone/Landline Bill (MTNL only).
- Pay/Salary slip accompanied by a PF Receipt (In case of private sector employees).
- Property Ownership documents like, Registry, Power of Attorney etc.
- Post office or bank Passbook stating residential address
- House Tax Receipt of Delhi.
- Certificate from employer in case of Government Service.
- Ration Card of Delhi.
- Marriage certificate issued by District Administration of Delhi.
- Income Tax Returns(ITR).
- Residence Certificate issued by District Administration of Delhi.
Documents accepted as Proof of Age/Date of Birth for Driving License in Delhi
You can present any one of the documents mentioned below for your Proof of Age.
- High School certificate.
- Indian Passport.
- Birth Certificate.
- Certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon, as a proof of age of the applicant.
- Affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive Magistrate and or a First Class Magistrate as a proof of age.
- PAN Card.
- CGHS Card.
Documents accepted as Proof of Citizenship for Driving License in Delhi
You can provide any one of the documents mentioned below for Proof of Citizenship.
- Proof of Birth in India from municipality or registrar of birth & death(Birth Certificate).
- School Leaving Certificate/Secondary School Certificate Showing Nationality/Place of birth.
- Indian Passport Showing place of birth/citizenship/nationality.
- Certificate of citizenship/nationality issued by magistrate or any other administrative officer in Delhi.
- Residency permit/domicile certificate issued by state government.
- Grant of patta/lease of property by the central/state government.
- Refugee Registration card pertaining for the period of 1947-1950.
- Certificate of SC/ST/OBC .
Note : Don’t forget to bring the originals of the documents whose attested copies are enclosed with the driving license application form.
Hope you have all the required documents with you. If not, then start gathering them altogether. If you have any queries or doubts, you can leave your comments below.
You may also like to Read :