How to Change your Father’s or Mother’s Name in CBSE Marksheet / Certificate ?
This Article can be used for :
1. Corrections in your Father’s/Mother’s Name : If you think there has been a spelling or typing mistake in your Father’s/Mother’s Name in any of your Certificate or Marksheet in your 10th or 12th Marksheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Correction in your Father’s/Mother’s Name.
Important Note : Please note that any corrections in your Father’s/Mother’s Name can only be made within 1 year of Date of Declaration of the Respective result.
2. Changes in your Father’s/Mother’s Name : If you want to make changes in your Father’s/Mother’s Name or Surname in any of your Certificate or Marksheet in your 10th or 12th Marksheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Change in your Father’s/Mother’s Name. Reason can be due to Marriage also.
- Know how to Change your Father’s/Mother’s Name in ICSE Marksheet ?
- Know how to change your Father’s Name in PAN Card ?
Step 1 : Downloading & Printing the Application Form
Download the Application form given below and Take a printout of the Application form.
Step 2 : Reading the Instructions & Filling up the Form
Read the instructions given at the bottom of the Application Form and fill up the form carefully.
Step 3 : Documents Required for making Corrections or Changes in your Father’s/Mother’s Name
Documents Required for making Correction in your Father’s/Mother’s Name
(a) Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission.
(b) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.
(c) Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.
(iii) The Board may effect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of the prescribed fee.
Documents Required for making Change in your Father’s/Mother’s Name
Applications regarding change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning change of name published in an official gazette.
Step 4 : Checking the Fees of the concerned Documents
- Fee for Name Correction in Marksheet/Certificate – Rs.500 (Fee of Marksheet/Certificate Included)
- Fee for Change in Candidate’s Mother’s Name/Father’s Name/Guardian’s Name – Rs.1000 + Actual Cost of the Document
- Cost of a Migration Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Marksheet or Statement of Marks – Rs.100
Please note that Fee to be paid through Demand Draft/Pay Order or Indian Postal Order should be favoring “Secretary CBSE” payable at concerned Regional Offices (Address or the regional Offices are mentioned on Page No.4 of the Application Form).
If you want to get your documents by post, Additional Postal Charges may apply
Fee for each document:
Rs.100/- + applicable Postal/Courier charges (Normal Basis)
Rs.200/- + applicable Postal/Courier charges (Urgent Basis)
Postal/Courier Charges :
Rs. 25/- For delivery within Delhi/ New Delhi/NCR
Rs. 35/- For delivery outside Delhi.
Step 5 : Checking your Concerned Regional Office
Name of each Indian State is mentioned corresponding to the concerned CBSE Regional Offices. Check for your Regional Office.
Allahabad – Uttar Pradesh
Bhubaneswar – West Bengal, Orissa, Chattisgarh
Chennai – Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu.
Delhi/Foreign – Delhi and Foreign Schools
Guwahati – Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram
Panchkula – Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana & UT of Chandigarh
Patna – Bihar, Jharkhand
Ajmer – Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli
Dehradun – Uttarakhand and Western UP
Thiruvananthapuram – Kerala
Candidate applying for duplicate documents and Migration Certificate upto Examination of 2001 may send application along with fee to the Deputy Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer, (Rajasthan). All payments be made in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Ajmer and mode of payment shall be IPO / Bank Draft only. Those applying personally at Ajmer Office may deposit fee in cash also.
Note : You can get the Address of the concerned Regional Offices on the last Page of the Application Form (Page 4)
Delivery of document(s)
CBSE ensures delivery of Documents at your Address Within 7-20 working days from the date of receipt of Application Form. Documents shall be dispatched at the respective address of the candidate through Speed Post/Regd. Post/Courier as the case may be.
Applicants must mention complete Postal Address with Pin Code, Mobile Tel. No. and E-mail ID on the Application Form. These details might be used to intimate you about the status of your Application.
You may also like to Read ::