Delhi Jal Board is fulfilling the needs of water supply in Delhi from a long time. It has taken a lot of steps to ensure availability of 50 gallons per capita per day of filtered water via efficient network of water treatment plants, booster pumping stations and with over 9000 kms of water mains & distribution system. Now if you already have a water connection through Delhi Jal Board and you want to change your name, you don’t have to worry as we will tell you the complete procedure. The procedure for name change in Delhi Jal Board is quite easy to follow if you go by the steps mentioned below. The name change procedure is still not online, so you need to follow the offline process only.
Procedure for Name Change in Delhi Jal Board Bill
Before we tell you about the procedure for name change in Delhi Jal Board, we would like to tell you the probable reasons why you would want change of name in Delhi jal board bill.
You may want to Change Name in Delhi Jal Board bill due to :
- Change of Ownership of the Property.
- Slight Correction in the Current Name.
- Name Change of the Same Person.
- Name Change after Marriage.
- Any Other Reason.
Steps for Change of Name in Delhi Jal Board Bill
1) Fill up the Application Form for Mutation of a Water Connection in Delhi Jal Board (Download the Form for Name Change in Delhi Jal Board). This form will ask you basic details like your Water Connection No., Property No., Name of Existing Consumer & Name of Applicant(s).
2) Gather your Documents like Address Proof, ID Proof & Proof of Ownership. Do remember to attest all these documents by a Notary.
- For Proof of Address you can submit a copy of documents like Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving Licence etc.
- For Proof of Identity you can submit a copy of PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport etc.
- For Proof of Ownership you can provide Conveyance Deed if the property is free hold from DDA. Otherwise, you need to produce a copy of registry of sale deed.In case the property is jointly owned NOC from the co-owner should also be produced. In a case of transfer of property due to death of the owner, you may be need to produce an additional documents ‘Succession Certificate’.
3) An affidavit indemnifying Delhi Jal Board from any legal dispute duly attested by a Notary Public. You can visit any Notary in the city and they have the affidavit format for name change in delhi jal board.
4) Copy of Latest paid Water Bill from Delhi Jal Board.
5) Submit all the documents mentioned in Step 1,2,3,4 above to your nearest Delhi Jal Board Office.
After your application is submitted at the nearest Delhi Jal Board office, it may take about 2 billing cycles for the name change request to be completed. If the Name doesn’t change on the Delhi Jal Board Bill even after 2 billing cycle, you should approach the concerned Jal Board office to get the status.
You may also like to Read :