Home / India / How to Change your Name in CBSE Marksheet or Certificate ?

How to Change your Name in CBSE Marksheet or Certificate ?

How to Change your Name in CBSE Marksheet or Certificate ?

This Article can be used for :

1. Corrections in your Name :  If you think there has been a spelling or typing mistake in your Name in any of your Certificate or Marksheet in your 10th or 12th Marksheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Correction in your Name.

Important Note : Please note that any corrections in your Name can only be made within 1 year of Date of Declaration of the Respective result.

2. Changes in your Name : If you want to make changes in your Name or Surname in any of your Certificate or Marksheet in your 10th or 12th Marksheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Change in your Name. Reason can be due to Marriage also.

Step 1 : Downloading & Printing the Application Form

Download the Application form given below and Take a printout of the Application form.

Step 2 : Reading the Instructions & Filling up the Form

Read the instructions given at the bottom of the Application Form and fill up the form carefully.

Step 3 : Documents Required for making Corrections or Changes in your Name

  • Documents Required for making Correction in your Name

(a) Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission.

(b) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.

(c) Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.

(iii) The Board may effect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of the prescribed fee.

  • Documents Required for making Change in your Name

Applications regarding change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning change of name published in an official gazette.

Step 4 : Checking the Fees of the concerned Documents

  1. Fee for Name Correction in Marksheet/Certificate – Rs.500 (Fee of Marksheet/Certificate Included)
  2. Fee for Change in Candidate’s Mother’s Name/Father’s Name/Guardian’s Name – Rs.1000 + Actual Cost of the Document 
  3. Cost of a Migration Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Marksheet or Statement of Marks – Rs.100

Please note that Fee to be paid through Demand Draft/Pay Order or Indian Postal Order should be favoring “Secretary CBSE” payable at concerned Regional Offices (Address or the regional Offices are mentioned on Page No.4 of the Application Form).

AlternativelyClick here to Check the Address of all CBSE Regional Offices here 

If you want to get your documents by post, Additional Postal Charges may apply

Fee for each document:

Rs.100/- + applicable Postal/Courier charges (Normal Basis)

Rs.200/- + applicable Postal/Courier charges (Urgent Basis)

Postal/Courier Charges :

Rs. 25/- For delivery within Delhi/ New Delhi/NCR

Rs. 35/- For delivery outside Delhi.

Step 5 : Checking your Concerned Regional Office

Name of each Indian State is mentioned corresponding to the concerned CBSE Regional Offices. Check for your Regional Office.

Allahabad  – Uttar Pradesh

Bhubaneswar – West Bengal, Orissa, Chattisgarh

Chennai – Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu.

Delhi/Foreign – Delhi and Foreign Schools

Guwahati – Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram

Panchkula – Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana & UT of Chandigarh

Patna – Bihar, Jharkhand

Ajmer – Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli

Dehradun – Uttarakhand and Western UP

Thiruvananthapuram – Kerala

Candidate applying for duplicate documents and Migration Certificate upto Examination of 2001 may send application along with fee to the Deputy Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education, Todarmal Marg, Ajmer, (Rajasthan). All payments be made in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Ajmer and mode of payment shall be IPO / Bank Draft only. Those applying personally at Ajmer Office may deposit fee in cash also.

Note : You can get the Address of the concerned Regional Offices on the last Page of the Application Form (Page 4)

Alternatively : Click here to Check the Address of all CBSE Regional Offices here 

Delivery of document(s)

CBSE ensures delivery of Documents at your Address Within 7-20 working days from the date of receipt of Application Form. Documents shall be dispatched at the respective address of the candidate through Speed Post/Regd. Post/Courier as the case may be.

Applicants must mention complete Postal Address with Pin Code, Mobile Tel. No. and E-mail ID on the Application Form. These details might be used to intimate you about the status of your Application.

CBSE HELPLINE NO1800-11-8002

You may also like to Read ::

About Anirudh Singh

Anirudh Singh is a passionate blogger and the man behind Amazing India Blog. He has 5 years of experience in the newspaper industry and he founded Amazing India Blog in 2015. Apart from writing and editing articles on Travel, Business and Technology at Amazing India Blog, he also contributes to other well known newspapers and online news blogs.