How to Apply for Aadhar Card Online ?
Aadhaar Card is a card issued by UIDAI : Unique Identification Authority of India (Govt. of India). The data collected when issuing an Aadhaar Card also includes Biometric Process such as taking Finger Prints and Retina Verification. Only one individual can have one unique Finger Prints and Retina. This helps the Government to have a track on the fakes. Aadhar Card is still not mandatory, but UIDAI is taking step to enroll people by putting Camps in every region of India. Your Aadhaar number can be linked to your Bank Account, Election Card, Pan Card etc.
UIDAI has recently started the trial Process to Book an Appointment to apply Aadhar Card Online. This process has been started in selected places as of now. However, with successful response of the same this process may be started for many other regions as well.
Lets get started with the Process of How to apply for Aadhar Card Online
Step 1 : Open the UIDAI Website for Booking Appointments at your Nearest Center https://appointments.uidai.gov.in
Note : If you cannot apply Aadhaar Card Online & your City does not have an appointment booking facility. You can either walk to any the Centers mentioned or Visit any of the UIDAI Center in your City without an Appointment.
Step 2 : Instructions to fill the “Appointment for Enrolment form”
- Mention your Name, Mobile Number, Email Address & Number of Persons applying for Aadhaar Card
- Select your State/UT, District/City, Locality/Area & Enrolment Centre
- Select the Date and Time for Appointment & Enter the Verification Code
- Re-check the mentioned Details and Click on “Fix Appointment”
Step 3 : Click on the link to Download Aadhaar Card Enrolment/Correction Form
Please take a printout of this Form after you finish downloading it.
Step 4 : Instructions to fill the Aadhar Card Enrolment/Correction form
This form may be used for New Aadhaar Card Enrolment. It can also be used for any type of correction in your already issued Aadhaar Card.
NOTE : Click on the link to update/change the details on your Aadhaar Card Online : Update/Change your Aadhaar Card Data Online
- 1 & 2 : Are for UIDAI , So leave them Blank
- 3 : Enter your Full Name
- 4 : Enter your Gender
- 5 : Enter your Age in Years or Enter your Date of Birth. Put a tick mark on Declared. UIDAI representative will check your documents and tick on Verified. So, you can leave verified as blank.
- 6 : Enter your Complete Address & Pin Code. Enter your Email Address & Mobile number.
- 7 : Enter the Name of your Parent(Father/Mother) or Spouse (If Married). Also Enter their Aadhaar Number.
- 8 : Put a tick mark on YES if you want to share your Information with other Agencies. If not, tick mark on NO
- 9 : If your want UIDAI to open a new bank account for you and link it to your Aadhar. Then Tick mark on the first box. If you want to link your Aadhaar Number to an existing Bank Account. Then, Tick mark on the Second Box.
- 10 : Write the name of the Documents you are submitting for : (a) POI (Proof of Identity) (b) POA (Proof of Address) (c) DOB (Date of Birth)
Note : Please refer the link below to check the list of documents accepted for Aadhaar Card Application
- 11 : Mention the Aadhaar Number of the Introducer, if you have and Introducer for your Aadhaar card.
- 12 : Mention the Aadhaar Number of the head of your Family, if you do not have an Introducer. Also mention the date and time.
- Mention your Full Name where it says “I here confirm the identity and Address of ______________”
- In Consent, Put the Signature of Applicant at the bottom right of the Form. Put a thumb print of the Applicant(If the applicant is Illiterate)
Step 5 : Visit your UIDAI Enrolment Centre with all the Self Attested Documents.
Submit your completely filled form along with POI, POA & DOB Documents. After verifying your documents the UIDAI representative will take your Biometric Details. These Biometric Details includes your Finger Prints and Retina Verification. This representative will also click a photograph of yours. So, you do not have to carry any photograph with you.
Keep the Acknowledgement Slip of the Aadhaar Card carefully. This will help you to track your Aadhaar Card Status till the physical copy reaches you.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Aadhaar Card is free from Government of India. Please do not entertain any agent for the same. If any correction is to be made in Aadhaar Card within 96 hours of application, it will be free of Cost.
Important Links :
- Check the Status of your Aadhaar Card
- Update/Change your Aadhaar Card Data Online
- Download Format for Address Change by MP/MLA/Gazetted Officer
- Download your E-Aadhaar Card Now
So, this was the article on How to apply for Aadhar Card Online ? If you have any doubts or queries, leave your comments below.
You may also like to Read :