Cheques are required for withdrawing money from accounts or for making payments on local purchases. When you open a new account in any bank, you get a cheque book by filling up a form. You need to make an extra payment to get your Cheque Book. However, in some cases the account holders do not prefer to get a cheque book. I had a similar experience where I opened an account in SBI but did not opt to get a cheque book. If you have an online banking account in SBI you can easily apply for cheque book online. This post provides detailed information on how to apply for cheque book in SBI Online or to request cheque book in SBI Online.
Also See :
Points to Remember to request Cheque Book Online in SBI :
- You need to have an Internet Banking account in SBI Online to request Cheque Book Online in SBI.
- Cheque book can be requested for any of your Savings, Current, Cash Credit, and Over Draft accounts.
- You can opt for cheque books with 25, 50 or 100 cheque leaves.
- You can either collect it from branch or request your branch to send it by post or courier.
- You can opt to get the cheque book delivered at your registered address or you can provide an alternate address.
- Cheque books will be dispatched within 3 working days from the date of request.
- Charges @ Rs.3/- per cheque leaf for all Savings Bank accounts having Quarterly Average Balance (QAB) as on previous quarter end below Rs.25,000/-. First 20 leaves free.
- Charges @ Rs 2/- per cheque leaf for accounts having QAB 25000/- and above as on previous quarter end. First 50 leaves free.
How to request Cheque Book in SBI Online ?
By following the steps in this article you can easily request a cheque book online for your SBI Bank Account.
Step 1 : Login to your Online SBI Internet Banking Account
First of all you need to login to your Online SBI Account using your Username and Password.
Step 2 : Selecting the E-Services Option
Select the E-Services tab at the top of the screen after which you will get a few options to select from.
Step 3 : Selecting Cheque Book Option
Now you need select the Cheque Book link at the left hand side of the screen.
Step 4 : Selecting the type of Cheque Book
Here you will find a few options like :
- Multi City Option (Yes/No)
- Number of Cheque Books (1 or 2)
- Number of Cheque leaves (10, 20 or 50)
- Instrument Sub Category (Bearer Cheque/Order Cheque)
Types of Cheques :
Bearer Cheque:A person holding the cheque can collect the amount if it is a bearer cheque.
Order Cheque: The payee (i.e. the person in whose favour the cheque is issued) only or his authorized person only can collect the amount of the cheque if it is an order cheque.
Select the appropriate type of cheque book for further use and click on Submit. The procedure for requesting a cheque book in SBI is complete. You will recieve the cheque book at your postal address within 2-3 weeks.
Hope the process to request cheque book in SBI online in clear to you. If you have any doubts or questions, you can leave your comments below.
You may also like to Read :