State Bank of India(SBI) is a leading bank in India with a network of over 13000 branches. Most of the people in India prefer to have a bank account in SBI. However, people may like to transfer their SBI Bank Account to another branch due to temporary or permanent relocation to another location. The place can be in the same city or even another city.
- How to link your PAN Card with SBI Bank Account ?
- Know about all the SBI Credit Card Payment Options
Branch Transfer in SBI is a free of cost process. This article mentions the steps to be followed in order to transfer your SBI Bank Account to another Branch Online and Offline. The process does not take more than 10 mins of yours!
How to Transfer your Bank Account to another Branch in SBI ?
If you already have a Bank Account in State Bank of India in any Branch located in India, you can follow the steps mentioned below to get your Bank Account transferred to another Branch.
Steps to Transfer SBI Account by Branch Visit
(1) Visiting the Home Branch with Required Documents
To transfer your SBI Bank Account, you first need to visit the home branch i.e., the Branch where you have your Bank Account.
Do remember to carry the documents mentioned below before visiting the Branch :
(a) An application to the Branch Manager mentioning your Account Details and that you want to change your Branch. Do check your details on your Application like Name on Account, Account Number, Old Branch and New Branch.
(b) Copy of Address Proof (If you want to Change your Address on the Account). You can submit a copy of Address Proof documents like Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Bank Passbook etc. (Check the list of all the Address Proof documents accepted by SBI)
(c) Copy of Pan Card
(d) Original Bank Passbook (Not Mandatory). Just in case the Bank Officials ask for you Bank Passbook, you must carry your Bank Passbook with you.
(2) Handing over the Documents to the Branch Manager in Home Branch
After checking all your documents, you need to self attest(Put your Signature) on the your Address and ID proof (PAN Card) documents. Hand over these documents to the Branch Manager along with the Application of Branch Change. Show your Bank Passbook to the Branch Manager if asked for it.
(3) Visiting the New Branch and Completing the Formalities
Usually within 1-3 days time your home branch will transfer your Bank Account to the new Branch. Finally, you need to visit your New Branch(Where your account has been transferred). You can confirm if your Bank Account has been transferred or not. Once confirmed, you can update your Address on your Bank Passbook (If you have shifted to a new Address).
Steps to Transfer SBI Account Online
To Transfer SBI Account online, you must follow the step by step procedure given below :
1) Login to your SBI Internet Banking Account by entering your username and password.
2) Click on the ‘e-Services’ Tab and then click on ‘Transfer of Savings Account’ link.
3) Now, Select the Account to be Transferred.
4) Enter the Branch Code of the SBI Branch where the account needs to be Transferred. If you dont know the Branch Code, you can go ahead and search for it on Google.
5) Click on Get Branch Name button after entering the Branch Code, and the Branch Name associated with the Branch Code will appear in the respective box.
6) Finally, put a tick mark on the terms and Conditions box and click on Submit.
7) You will now be asked to verify and confirm the transaction. You must check all the details you have entered and click on Confirm if everything is fine. You can go ahead and click on Back button to make any corrections.
Once you click on Confirm, you will be getting High Security Password(OTP) on your registered mobile number.
8) Enter the OTP and finally click on Confirm to finish the Account Transfer request.
Once you click on confirm, you will see a message ‘Your Account Transfer request has been successfully registered.’ In about 1 week’s time your SBI Bank Account will be transferred to the new branch. If you want to check whether your Account has been transferred or not, you can login to your Net Banking Account and check the name of the Branch. You will see the New Branch’s name once the account has been transferred successfully.
This is the complete process to Transfer your Bank Account from one Branch to another in SBI.
You may also like to Read :