Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number : It is mandatory to link Aadhaar with your mobile number as per the Government directive and the order passed by the Supreme Court. Earlier, All the Mobile subscribers in India needed to get their mobile number re-verified with Aadhaar on or before 31st of March, 2018 but now the date has been extended to 30th June, 2018. Failing to do so, their mobile number will be deactivated until it gets re-verified with Aadhaar.
Note : Please note that reverification of mobile number with Aadhaar and to link aadhaar card and mobile number are both the same thing.
This article will help you to :
- Link Aadhaar Card with Airtel Mobile Number
- Link Aadhaar Card with Vodafone Mobile Number
- Link Aadhaar Card with Idea Mobile Number
- Link Aadhaar Card with Tata Docomo Mobile Number
- Link Aadhaar Card with BSNL Mobile Number
- Link Aadhaar Card with any other mobile number
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number ?
There are three methods by which you can re-verify your mobile number with Aadhaar :
- Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number through OTP
- Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number by Visiting the Store
- Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number through IVR
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number through OTP ?
You can easily link your mobile number with Aadhar and re-verify it using OTP-based option. However, we would like to tell you OTP method for reverification can only be used by those customers who already have their mobile numbers linked with Aadhaar. In case your mobile number is not linked with Aadhaar, you need to follow the offline method to link your Sim Card with Aadhaar by visiting the Store(i.e., scroll down to read the second method). Let us now tell you the steps to link Aadhaar with mobile number online or through OTP:
1) Dial 14546 from your mobile number
2) Choose whether you are an NRI or an Indian Citizen.
3) Press 1 to give your consent to re-verify Aadhaar
4) Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and Press 1 to confirm
5) An OTP will be generated and sent to your mobile number registered with Aadhaar
6) Give consent to your telecom operator to have access to your name, photo and DOB from UIDAI
7) IVR will then read out the last 4 digits of your mobile number. If correct, enter the OTP.
9) Finally, you need to Press 1 to complete the process
Thats it! You will receive a message on your Mobile Number about the completion of process.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number by Visiting the Store ?
Linking your Aadhaar number with sim card is now mandatory as per the government’s directive and Supreme Court. In order to link your Aadhaar with phone number by Store Visit, you need to visit your service provider’s outlet(e.g Idea, Vodafone, Airtel etc).
Follow the step by step process to link your Aadhaar with mobile number :
1) Visit the outlet/store of your telecom operator.
2) Do remember to carry a self-attested copy of Aadhaar card.
3) Provide your mobile number to the executive.
4) The store executive will be sending an OTP to the mobile number which is to be linked to Aadhaar.
5) Provide the OTP to the store executive for verification purpose.
6) Provide your fingerprint to the store executive.
7) You will then be receiving a confirmation SMS from your mobile operator.
8) Reply ‘Y’ for the completion of e-KYC process.
That’s it! This is all you need to re-verify your Mobile Number with Aadhaar Card.
Document Required for Linking Aadhaar with Mobile Number : The one and only document that is required to link Aadhaar with mobile is a self-attested copy of your Aadhar card. You don’t need to provide any other document i.e. no other address proof or identity proof is required for this purpose.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number through IVR ?
You can also link Aadhaar with mobile number through IVR option which is provided by your telecom operator. Here are the steps :
- Call your mobile operator’s customer care number
- Follow the IVR instructions and Select the option which says “Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number”
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, Confirm and submit your re-verification request
- Upon submission of Aadhaar Number, your mobile number will be re-verified with Aadhaar and you will will be getting a confirmation message on successful verification.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) :
Q. What is the fee for mobile re-verification with Aadhaar?
A. There is no charge for the re-verification of mobile number with Aadhaar. It is absolutely free of cost.
Q. What is the last date for re-verification of Mobile Number with Aadhaar?
A. The last date for re-verification of Sim Card with Aadhaar was earlier 6th February 2018 but it has now been extended to 31st March 2018.
Q. Can we link Aadhaar with mobile number online?
A. As of now, there isn’t any option to link Aadhaar with sim card online. However, you have the option to do it by visiting the store, through IVR or through OTP.
Q. What will happen with my previous details?
A. Your Aadhaar details will be updated in the records against your number. Please note that all previous details will be over written.
Q. What will be the consequence if I do not complete the linking process ?
A. If you fail to link the mobile number with Aadhaar by March 31st, 2018, your mobile connection will be deactivated until you complete the re-verification process.
Q. I have already submitted Aadhaar card as proof of Address while purchasing the sim card. Do I need to complete the process again?
A. If your mobile number was issued after biometric verification you do not need to link Aadhaar with it i.e., if you had opted for e-KYC by Aadhaar-based verification by and provided your biometric data (i.e. your thumb impression) while you applied for the sim card connection. For all other mobile customers, they need to get the re-verification done.
Q. Are there special facilities for convenience of senior citizens and specially-enabled?
A. The government of India has asked all telecom operators to provide special facilities for senior citizens and specially-enabled citizens to link Aadhaar and Mobile Number by sending their representatives to their home.
Q. How can many mobile numbers can be added to one Aadhaar?
A. You can link all your mobile numbers of one company or another with the same Aadhaar. Do remember that you need to visit your telecom operator’s store in case you have a postpaid connection or retailer store in case of Prepaid connection.
Q. Is the Aadhaar based e-KYC verification process for every customer?
A. Yes, every customer can use the e-KYC process to link Aadhaar with Sim Cards to prevent their mobile number from deactivation.
Q. Is the process of verification same for postpaid and prepaid customers?
A. Yes, the process to link mobile number with Aadhaar is same for both postpaid and prepaid customers. The difference is that prepaid customers need to visit a retailer while the postpaid customers need to visit the operator store.
Q. I do not have an Aadhaar card. What steps should I take to avoid disconnection?
A. The last date for linking Aadhaar with mobile is 31st March, 2018. In case you dont have Aadhaar, you can apply for Aadhaar now link it with your mobile number before the deadline.
Hope you will keep the deadline in your mind and remember to link Aadhaar with your Mobile Number.
You may also like to Read :