If you are planning for a trip to Leh Ladakh you must know that w.e.f April 2017, it is compulsory to get an Inner Line Permit(or ILP) for International as well as Domestic tourists visiting a few protected areas of Ladakh. Obtaining Inner Line Permit for Ladakh is a bit tedious work as you need to stand in long queues, especially if you have planned your trip on any Public Holidays (or Saturday/Sunday). A few months back in mid 2017, government authorities have launched a website where you can apply for inner line permit for Ladakh online. Although, by using the online procedure to get inner line permit for Ladakh, you can save a lot of time but this process is also not completely online as you need to pay the fee offline. Let’s get to know about both offline and online procedure to obtain ILP in Ladakh.
In this Article, we have mentioned the :
- Process to Obtain Inner Line Permit for Ladakh Online
- Process to Obtain Inner Line Permit for Ladakh Offline
What is Inner Line Permit for Ladakh?
Inner Line Permit, or ILP, is a travel document which is issued by the Indian Government using which an Indian or foreign traveler can travel to a protected area of Ladakh for a specified time period. Obtaining ILP is compulsory for each and every visitor who is not a native of Jammu and Kashmir State. Foreign tourists visiting Ladakh need to obtain Ladakh Protected Area Permit (PAP) before they enter this region.
Inner Line Permit for Ladakh Cost
The cost of obtaining Innerline Permit for Ladakh is INR 400 per Person as an environmental fee + 20 rupees per day as an Inner line fee. This rule is effective effect from 1st June 2017. Example :- If 3 persons are going to the areas where Inner Line Permit is required for 3 days then the Amount to be paid is : (Rs.400 X 3) + (Rs.60 X 3) = Rs.1380.
Areas for Inner Line Permit for Ladakh
It is important to know that the Inner line Permit is not required to visit all the areas. It is required only for a few protected areas of Ladakh. These areas include Nubra valley, Khardung La, Pangong Tso, Tso Moriri, Dah, Hanu Villages, Man, Merak, Nyoma, Loma Bend, Turtuk, Tyakshi, Chusul, Hanle, Digger La, Tangyar (only for trekking).
How to obtain Inner Line Permit for Ladakh online?
The procedure to apply for inner line permit for Ladakh has not become quite easy as you can save some time by following the procedure online. You just need to visit the Website and apply for Inner Line Permit.
Let us have a look at the step by step procedure to obtain Inner Line Permit for protected areas of Ladakh :-
- Visit http://lahdclehpermit.in and Click on “Apply for Permit” and then click on “Domestic Clients”. (Considering that your are a Tourist from India. Foreign Tourists may click on “Overseas Clients” and follow the on screen instructions).
- Fill up all the details asked for including Year, Name, State, Gender, ID Type (Select from the Drop Down menu), ID No. , Permanent Address, Issue Permit(Choose Directly-As you are issuing by your own), Select Date of Arrival(Date on which you will be Arriving in Leh).
- Review the information entered by you and if you feel everything is correct Click on Submit.
- You will now see a fly out appearing on the screen telling you that you have been successfully registered. Click “Ok”.
- Select the areas for which you need an Inner Line Permit.
- Select your Date of Arrival and Date of Departure.
- Click on the Apply button for Permit.
- A pop up will appear on the screen telling you that the circuit has been assigned successfully. Click OK.
- Another pop up will appear on the screen telling you “Inserted Successfully”. Click OK.
- You will now see a page where you will see all the details of your permit including your name, ID number, state of residence and fee related structures.
- Please take a print out or screenshot of the Permit.
- Please note that as of now there is no option to make the payment online. In order to make the payment and to get the permit signed or stamped, you need to take the printout of the online form along with a copy of it and visit the following address: TIC Office, Opposite J&K Bank, Main Market, Leh.
How to obtain Inner Line Permit for Ladakh offline?
For getting inner line permit for Ladakh by offline procedure, you need to visit the DC office in Leh town along with Self attested photocopies of your Address and ID Proof.
- First of all collect the Inner Line Permit Application form from any Stationary in Leh town and fill it up completely.
- Timing of the Leh DC office are 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM, however the application forms needs to be submitted before 3 pm.
- Apart from the permit application form, you need to write a request application letter addressing DC of Leh – Ladakh district for getting approval of your permit. In this application, you need to mention all the places you wish to travel along with the dates you would be visiting these places on your trip to Leh Ladakh.
- The maximum validity of the inner line permit for Ladakh is 3 weeks for Indians and 1 week for foreigners. However, there is no limit on the number of times you visit a place in the period mentioned in the permit.
- For getting the permit for Hanle and Changthang or for Tso Moriri via Chusul – Nyoma route from Pangong Tso you must mention all places enroute so that you are not stopped and sent back from any post. These places are: Man – Merak – Chusul – Tsaga – Loma – Nyoma and Hanle.
- Finally submit all your documents and collect your permit and get 8-10 photostat copies of the same.
Leh Ladakh Inner Line Permit Application Form
Inner Line Permit for Ladakh application form looks like the one given below. You just need to fill up the required information and visit the DC Office at Leh. After collecting the photostat copies of your documents and verifying the originals, the officials will seal and signature and the same application form will act as your Inner Line Permit for Ladakh.
Important Note : Do remember that you will get only one Inner Line Permit document and photostat copies of the same has has to be submitted at each check post which is on your way. So, please confirm the number of check posts which are on your way and accordingly get your photostat copies. Do get extra copies so that you don’t face any problem in case you have lost or damaged some of the copies.
You may also like to Read :