Home / India / Govt Documents / How to give Name Change Ad in Newspaper for Passport ?

How to give Name Change Ad in Newspaper for Passport ?

There might be several reasons for which you want to change your name. Important point is that your changed name is only valid if you have a legal proof of it. Giving a name change Ad in a newspaper ensures a partial legal document of your name change which can be used at many places. In this article, we have given step by step procedure to give name change ad in a newspaper with sample format.

Also See :

How to give Name Change Ad in Newspaper for Passport ?

1. Selecting a Newspaper

First step to give a name change Ad in a newspaper is to select a newspaper. It is always advised to give an advertisement in a leading daily newspaper of the city or town you are living in.

Some of the leading newspapers in India are :

  • The Times of India
  • The Hindustan Times
  • Indian Express
  • Dainik Bhaskar
  • The Hindu
  • Amar Ujala
  • Dainik Jagran
  • The Hitavada
  • Mid-Day

This is only a list of few newspapers. However, you can give advertisement in a leading daily newspaper in your area. It can be an English or a Hindi Newspaper. Don’t make a mistake to give an advertisement in a lesser known newspaper.

2. Specimen for Name Change Ad (Sample Advertisements)

The newspaper Advertisement must include the following details :

  • Your Previous Name
  • Your Current Name (Changed Name)
  • Husband’s Name & Date of Marriage (In Case of Married Women)
  • Current Address (If required)
  • Date of Affidavit
  • Name of Notary

Sample Ad 1 (Without Address)

I, Abhishek Rastogi changed my name to Abhishek Singh vide affidavit dated 03-May-14, Vishal Jaiswal, Bangalore-11.

Sample Ad 2 (With Address – For Married Women)

I, Ankita Singh married Amit Singhal (on 10-04-2015) residing at C-120, Apple Tree Apartments, Fatehabad Road, Agra have changed my name to Ankita Singhal vide Affidavit dated 14-05-2015 sworn before Notary Krishan Sachdev, Agra.

3. Publishing your Newspaper Advertisement

For publishing your newspaper ad, you can either follow the offline process by visiting the newspaper office or online process by visiting the website.

Offline Process

You can visit the Office of the Newspaper for publishing the name change Advertisement. Make sure you carry the specimen for name change when you visit the newspaper office.

Online Process

You can also visit any of the websites given below to give name change ad in a particular newspaper. The process is self explanatory and the payment can be taken Via Credit Card or Debit Card.

Websites where you can give your Name Change Ad in a Newspaper :



4. Where can you use this Newspaper Ad of Change of Name ?

You can use the newspaper Ad of Name Change as a supporting document for your Changed Name to get other documents like :

  • Passport
  • PAN Card
  • Aadhaar Card
  • Gazette Notification
  • High School Marksheet
  • Bank Account etc.

Hope the process to get your Name Change Ad published in a newspaper is clear to you. If you still have any doubts or queries, you may leave you comments below.

You may also like to Read :

About Anirudh Singh

Anirudh Singh is a passionate blogger and the man behind Amazing India Blog. He has 5 years of experience in the newspaper industry and he founded Amazing India Blog in 2015. Apart from writing and editing articles on Travel, Business and Technology at Amazing India Blog, he also contributes to other well known newspapers and online news blogs.