Cheques are required for withdrawing money from accounts or for making payments on local purchases. When you open a new account in any bank, you get a cheque book by filling up a form. You need to make an extra payment to get your Cheque Book. However, in some cases the account holders do not prefer to get a cheque book. I had a similar experience where I opened an account in SBI but did not opt to get a cheque book. If you have an SBI ATM Cum Debit Card you can easily apply for cheque book through any SBI ATM. This post provides detailed information on how to apply for cheque book in SBI ATM or to request cheque book in SBI through ATM.
Also See :
Points to Remember to request Cheque Book in SBI ATM :
- You need to have an ATM in SBI to request Cheque Book through ATM in SBI.
- Cheque book can be requested for any of your Savings, Current, Cash Credit, and Over Draft accounts.
- You can either collect it from branch or request your branch to send it by post or courier.
- Cheque books will be dispatched within 3 working days from the date of request.
- Charges @ Rs.3/- per cheque leaf for all Savings Bank accounts having Quarterly Average Balance (QAB) as on previous quarter end below Rs.25,000/-. First 20 leaves free.
- Charges @ Rs 2/- per cheque leaf for accounts having QAB 25000/- and above as on previous quarter end. First 50 leaves free.
How to request Cheque Book in SBI ATM ?
Step 1 : Put your ATM Cum Debit Card in any SBI ATM and Enter your PIN.
Step 2 : Select the Services Option
Step 3 : Select the Request a Cheque Book Option
You will be asked if you are sure you want to request a cheque book. Once you confirm you will get your Cheque Book within 2-3 weeks at the Address registered with the SBI Bank in your Bank Account.
You may also like to Read :