Applying for Indian Passport is no longer only an Offline process. The process is now Online too and can be done by sitting at your home. We have already discussed the Complete Procedure to Apply for Indian Passport.
For those who have missed it Read it here : How to Apply Online for Passport in India ?
You must know about the Indian Passport Documents required for Address & Date of Birth Proof which you are required to produce. You must produce these at the time of your Appointment at your respective Passport Seva Kendra Or Regional Passport Office.
Indian Passport Documents Required
(1) Address Proof documents for Passport (Any one of these Documents Can be Accepted)
Ration Card with your Photo and Name on it (Important Note: Ration Card should be accompanied by one more document from the list of documents mentioned below)
- A Certificate from famous/reputed Organization on their Letterhead (Only Public Limited Companies )
- Water Bill ( At least 2 Bills should be Provided – 1 from Previous Year & 1 from Current Year)
- Landline Bill or Postpaid Mobile Bill ( At least 2 Bills should be Provided – 1 from Previous Year & 1 from Current Year)
- Electricity Bill ( At least 2 Bills should be Provided – 1 from Previous Year & 1 from Current Year)
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Photo Passbook of your Existing/Running Bank Account ( We recommend you to take photostat copies of the front page of the Passbook (Where your Photo and Address is Visible) and the transaction entries ) Check the List of Banks whose Passbook is accepted as an Address Proof : List of Banks whose Passbooks are Accepted by Passport Office
- Voter ID Card
- Registered Rent Agreement ( Only if you are living at the same place for more than a year)
- A copy of Parent’s Passport Copy (In Case of Minors)
- Gas Connection Bill
- Photostat copy of your Spouse’s Passport (First and the Last Page including the details of the Family)
- Aadhaar Card (Note : If your Aadhaar Card is less than 1 year old from the date of appointment at the PSK, it should be accompanied by 1 more Address Proof)
- Bonafide Letter on the official letter head of UGC recognized College from Authorized signatory of College. (For Students staying away from Parents)
Note : Though Passport Office needs only 1 document as a Proof of Address. However, it is advised to carry at least 2 Address Proofs, so that if they do not accept one you can present the other. Also note that both the documents that you produce as an Address proof for Passport should have same address (Please Do Not Produce the Address Proof Document which have different Addresses on them).
(2) Indian Passport Documents Required for Date of Birth Proof (Any one of these Documents Can be Accepted)
- Birth Cerificate issued by the Municipal Department of City OR Registrar of Birth and Deaths.
- Date of Birth Certificate from your School or College(School leaving certificate / Secondary School leaving certificate/ Certificate of Recognized Boards from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution)
- An Affidavit sworn before a Notary or Magistrate mentioning your Date of Birth & Place of Birth.Refer – Annexure A. NOTE : This document can only be submitted by an Illiterate or Semi-Illiterate applicant.
Important Note : In case the Date of Birth of the Applicant is on or after 26/01/1989, it is mandatory for the Applicant to Submit the Birth Certificate Only
These are Date of Birth & Address Proof documents for Passport. If you have any queries or questions regarding the Same, you can leave your comments below.
You may also like to Read :